cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dsproducts
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printing stops mid-job

HP Recommended
Designjet 500 42+HPGL2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been printing some large banners (41.5x94) and everything was working fine.  After printing 5 banners, when I went to print the next one the printer started acting strange.  It started printing very slowly (thinking a lot after almost every line) and will only pring about 15 inches into the job and then it starts spooling the paper through the printer until it gets to the end distance of the banner and cuts the paper off.  There were no software of printer settings changed prior to this strange behavior.  The print heads and print quality check out just fine.

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe this particular file has an issue. Try saving as a pdf and try printing again.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dsproducts
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am working with JPEG files in a banner printing program.  I went back and tried some of the banners I had already printed and they no longer worked either.  Today I was able to get the banners to print but the printing was very slow, taking well over twice as long as usual.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

2 things to check. First go into devices and printers and right click on the printer icon and scroll down to printing preferences and left click. Now click on services and then click on the troubeshooting icon. See if a box comes up that allows you to check an item called send job as a bitmap (process in computer). Not sure on the 64 bit drivers but the 32 bit drivers have it. The second item is your gl2 card may be having issues or the memory dimm on the card is having issues. You can remove the gl2 card from the plotter with the power off and then load the pcl3 driver and see if that makes a difference. Link to the driver is below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301/swI...

The driver is for windoes 7 but should work.  Good luck.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation