cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
afield
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Prints fading

HP Recommended
DesignJet T795

I have printed over a hundred posters up to 85"x27" for indoor display. I am using the HP Designjet795 with Designjet 72 ink cartridges and the HP Insta-dry Gloss Photo Paper (Q6576A). Though they recieve indirect fluorescent ligt and little natural light with moderate hunidity they are fading QUICKLY. No problem for 7 months then rapid fading over the last month. I need to identify and resolve the cause before going through the time and expense of reprinting. So far everyone has said "That shouldn't happen". I have been advised to try a matte finish paper, but I still need to know the cause of the fading to prevent it going forward. Any aid would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Phox
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Inkjet prints generally fade due to light exposure. Although HP says prints will last for years without fading, this is only true when the print is stored under high grade protective glass. Prints consistantly exposed to direct light, even if its not sunlight, will fade. UV exposure will speed the process. Prints can also fade due to high levels of ozone in the air or react with air bourne chemicals.  Laminating posters should improve there lifespan. Using a Premium HP paper should help as well. But essentially you need to find what in your enviroment has changed and caused this to occur.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation