cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dr_noisewater
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Prints won't finish, or are missing elements

HP Recommended
Desingjet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a problem where some prints won't complete or they are missing elements.  The print, let's say an ArchD drawing, will print almost entirely except one part.  This missing part might correspond with the viewports in Vectorworks or Revit.  Further, if you export a PDF, get a complete drawing, then print to the t520, the same part will be missing!  This same drawing, when printed on other printers, is complete and unaltered(eg: Konica Bizhub c360 or Epson 13").

In another error, the printer just seems to give up.  It's chugging along happily on a print, and then lines start to go missing and then...nothing.  it will pause for long periods and then it will advance the paper and then pause and then eventually just stop the job and cut the paper.  Attached is an example of a pounce that just quits, no matter how we try to print. It will repeat the same error whether we reprint to PDF, export to PDF, or print directly from an architectural program.

Finally, before i get's lots of hints to flatten the drawing or just send the job as a bitmap, that has already been tried.  Bitmap is the standard setting for printing out of vectorworks, and printing a flattened PDF only yields a blank page from the T520...like it literally just spits out a blank page or a dash or two where lines are in the bitmap.  Also, printing jpegs or other image formats usually just creates extra large files that, even though they are under the 1gig limit, cause a filesize error at the T520.  Also, printing technical documents from an image often creates fuzzy drawings, and aren't befitting a tech drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
dr_noisewater
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot image.  Here is what the "give up" mode looks like in a pounce i tried to print for the painters:

20161026_120129.jpg

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Mikeg81
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,235 113 241
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you export to PDF and print, select print as image ( File > Print > Advanced > Print As Image)

Let us know if you continue missing parts of the document.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
philt149
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my T120 - other threads suggested setting max rendering resolution to 300 which works sometimes but not always, also suggestions to use the raster driver but that does the same (and there is not option to change rendering resolution in that driver). Seems to be worse when printing content with photos on the roll as opposed to A3/A4 multi-sheet feed. I don't recall having a problem before Windows 10 came out so perhaps the driver is not as compatible as it should be?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation