cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
resolution123
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Question: Does HP still use the term Plotter?

HP Recommended

Does HP still use the term "Plotter" ? or is this old/out of date terminology?

4 REPLIES 4
D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think they use it anymore since getting rid of pen plotters.  Those used an X/Y axis when printing.

Kind of miss mine.

But I still see the description used on Ebay and Craigslist, even on the newest versions of the designjet family.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
resolution123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So...HP don't use it anymore but other people do? Is that end users?

Why are they still using the word plotter do you think? Isn't it old technology?

D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't seen or heard of any manufacturers use the term "plotter" to refer to a wide-format printer in quite sometime.  Mostly just end users who used the pen plotters years ago.

Just curious;  what do you call it?  And why?

resolution123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I call it a large format printer - not a wide format printer like you - I guess there are many names for it. 🙂

I'm just curious if 'plotter' could at all be related to something new HP are doing ....or is it definitely just old terminology? 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation