cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
eddimo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: Default tray and tray auto-select does not work

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,957 2,602
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eddimo

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the tray auto select feature.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • What is the model of your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. From the printer front panel, then tap the Gear icon to access the Setup menu.
  2. Next tap on Tray and Paper Management.
  3. Select Paper Settings and then set the proper Paper Size and Type for each of the trays.
  4. Ensure the Paper Tray is set as Automatic and select the required paper size within the Printing Preferences pane, the tray will be selected accordingly for the specific print job.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation