cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
68droptop
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: Designjet t790

HP Recommended

Did you ever get any resolution to this?  I have the EXACT same issue with my hp720.

Mine started right around 6/10/17

Wondering when your started?

2 REPLIES 2
clivep
Level 1
16 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My problem started in may 2017 and no not solved
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
68droptop
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am really pissed off that I now have a $3,000 paperweight because HP can't support their products.  More likely, I think they intentionaly bricked my plotter via firmware.  Never again will I buy ANY HP product.

It will cost $300 just to get a tech to walk in the front door.

Than IF they figure out what is wrong with it, they said they will have to make a second trip if any of the printheads are expired.  I cannot even check the printheads because the printer will not allow me to access them without the ink cartridges being funtional.  It could easily cost over $1,500 to get new cartridges, heads and pay for the service calls.

I would be better served buying another plotter from another manufacturer than to try and fix this one.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation