cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
adrian5610
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Re: printing to full scale

HP Recommended

I am using a hp Designjet t520 and am having this same problem with not being able to get my patterns to print full scale. I am also working in TurboCad. I go to print>properties, I am using a 36" roll so I pick the paper options create a custom size that is 36 x 72. (My pattern is 28 x 68) Click okay in that window which take me back to the program print box. Go to  page set up. Pick the custom size I just created and then modify the drawing sheet size to match the 36 x 72. Make sure printing scale is set to 1:1 (full size) and then print. It will print out fine in the 36 which is the width of the roll but the 72 will be off. On short one it not really noticable maybe 1/16 or so but the longer the roll gets the further off it will print. Like the 68" will be small by 1/4". Is there a setting somewhere to adjust this or is it in the driver?

2 REPLIES 2
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please intalled the printer through PCL driver from new printer add process (Manually)

Download new driver:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t830-multifunction-printer-series/8764...

for T520/T120 Printer: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079

You could try this document (even though its a slightly different issue) first to see if it resolves the conflict; HP Printers - Wireless Printers Before 2010 Fail to Print in Windows 8. It will direct you to a Microsoft hotfix. 

If the issue persists, you could try switching your printer port from using the WSD to a Standard TCP/IP port. 

To do this, you will need your printers current IP address.  The Network Configuration page shows the network settings for the product. To Print this page; Press the Network button () on the product control panel.

Next, you will want to do the following to switch the port:

1. Locate and open Devices and Printers.
2. Right click on your printer icon and choose Printer Properties.

CP1.png

3. Click on the Ports tab along the top of the page.

4. Click on the Add Port... button.

CP2.png

5. If you have the option for HP Standard TCP/IP Port, select it other wise just select the Standard TCP/IP Port.

6. Click the New Port... button.

CP3.png

7. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP4.png

8. Enter your printers current IP address from your Network Configuration page. Note: The Port Name will auto-populate. I would recommend putting a check mark in the box; Always print to this device, even if it's IP address changes.

9. Click Next > button in the wizard.

CP5.png

10. Click the Finish button.

CP6.png

11. This may take you back to this Printer Ports window, you should be able to close it. Then Click Apply and OK in the Properties Window. 

12. Try it and see if this resolves this issue you are experiencing.

At this point I had working printer and scanner as well!

Regards,

Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also a TurboCAD user.  Have done long prints on a 5000 series printer and over 15' or so I've seen a 1/4" increase in length but don't think it's the driver.  PM me and maybe we can figure out a way to have you email me the file and I could try printing it on my printer.  Click on my name and you'll find my email.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation