cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
eugp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Reload firmware T520 series A

HP Recommended
Designjet T520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

Our T520 has lost its ability to cut the paper.  It may occasionally cut once when a new roll is installed, but then it will not cut anything further.

I would like to reload the firmware to see if that will fix it, but this is a series A model CQ890A and that firmware is not available on the support site downloads.

Is there a location where I can pick this firmware up?

I've tried every other idea about how to get the cutter to work and I have no results.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
Shwetha
Level 3
Level 3
48 47 3 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please find the firmware link

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079/...

after firware also same issue issue might be with cutter assembly.

Regards

HP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DJ_Exprt
Level 2
Level 2
29 29 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Deear Customer,

Since cutter cuts when roll is loaded, it shows cutter is functioning. However prinetr not cutting after printing may not be related to firmware. I suggest you to

1. Check if automatic cutter is disabled on printer

2. Check if automatic cutter is disabled in driver.

You may install latest firmware by clicking on below URL.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079

Regards,

Prasad

Although I am HP Employee

I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .

If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation