Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Servus Community,

we are struggling with a broken gear on the spindle of a 42" HP Z6200. After a long search we have now found a replacement part but it is only the gear. The complete hub seems to consist of two or three parts and we don't know how to disassemble the part. We don't want to use force now because it still works glued together and we can't run the plotter without this part. We have not found the entire spindle as a spare part. Does anyone know how to replace the spare part?

Thx in advance & Bye Tom

image1.jpegIMG_20220714_132644.jpgIMG_20220714_132654.jpgIMG_20220714_132759.jpgIMG_2783.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I believe the Z6100 uses the same spindle assembly.  There are two or three on ebay for low prices with shipping.  

As far as repairing the one you have, it seems removing the roll pin would release the old one.  Have you tried removing that pind?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Yes, we did, but we couldn't get it apart without using physical force. We loosened the two screws on the outside but nothing moved afterwards. On the inside you can still see small pins or bolts but we do not know if we have to remove it. And also we did not dare to do so, because on the one hand the plastic is already cracked at this place and on the other hand the cotter pin seems to go through the entire axle. We can look through the hole. The spare part we have is too deep to put this pin back in afterwards. So something does not fit together.

HP Recommended

According to the service manuals HP does not offer any parts for that side of the spindle so likely everything is press fit and you are going to have to figure out exactly remove it or contact the vendor you bought the part from and ask them if they have any suggestions.

the part number for the entire spindle is CQ109-67009

My order system does not show current stock but this is a common enough item used by many different designjets so I bet there are used ones out there. As someone noted Ebay is a good place to check.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.