Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
z2100

I have done several times, but now face problems! HELP!!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I think a bit more infomation would be helpful. What sort of problem? There is a procedure to load the media so going thru what you do in order and at which point you encounter the problem might help us resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

1/ Machine fetches paper and advance it a little

2/ Says to raise lever for auto skew

3/ Upon lowering lever, machine tells to raise lever and remove paper

Paper not bar coded; roll has been loaded before

HP Recommended

This usually occurs when the media is not flush on the right side. Make sure the roll is flush against the spindle on the right side and also make sure when you feed the media that it grabs it pulls towards the front so you can see the front edge of the media come out the front. Sometimes it grabs the media late so not enough comes through. What I do is stand in the rear of the plotter and put the paper into the slot and keep turning turns the front and do not stop even if the printer grabs the media to make sure enough moves out.

HP Recommended

This is not useful

HP Recommended

Sir, this is about loading a 24" roll of paper into a 24" printer!

HP Recommended

Have you tried loading a sheet of paper instead of roll and what is the result.

HP Recommended

No; dont have a sheet

But I managed to load a barcoded roll

What?

HP Recommended

So did you manage to get it to load the roll of 24" paper?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

No, not THE roll -but another roll w. barcode

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.