cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Tractor4650
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Rotating print page on a 24" printer

HP Recommended
T-520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

this  is a new install from a hp-430 of 1999 yes big jump. Chief Architect is the software im using to create then print to the new unit

on the 430 you could set the page to print to rotate 90 degrees in the setting to print a Arch D in protrait i cannot seem to find this option on this new printer.

can anyone first tell me if this can be done? 

if this can be accomplished what settings need to be applied to make it so?

Thank you  for any assitance submitted

6 REPLIES 6
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, you can do it anytime, also other sizes. use    custom    option to define sizes.

if you always use the same size, simply go to    printer property ...  print preference ....  custom  ... give a name ...enter your media width,
high ...  portrait mode...  can also pick print quality.    save it  ...   make sure click       apply      it will be the default size &

all apps can use this size.

It is the most basic for all printers....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tractor4650
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well that kinda what i thought,

im now trying to pring to an 11x17 sheet that would need to rotate in the multi sheet feeder, on my cheif arch program I have created the layout in landscape, now needing to print to portrait same as a D sheet setup only different size paper.

i have gone to the print preferences dialog box set Paper /Quality to "11x17" set to multi -sheet tray, paper source is "use printer settings" 

in Layout/output i have fit to "11x17 sheet slected" the oriention is set to "portrait" rotation is set to "auto rotate"

when i send to printer it only prints the first 1 inch of the plot.

i do remember have quigte a chore is setting up the old 430 in the same manner however that was so long ago i have lost track.

I know it must be something simple.

I appreicate the assitance in my quest.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

to print 11x17 on 24" printer, I really a novice ....

if I need to print  many  8x10, 11x14, 16x20.... I simply edit them & insert on to a big file, like  42x30 with many

of them... then just print one big one & customer cut, by themselvies...

Not worth so much effords to print a small image... your time worth more than that....

Tractor4650
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i appriciate your opinion.

however, my work and the need of the printer has little reason for debate here.

i need to be able to print what i need in the format i need at the time i need.

That being said.

there must be a way that i am missing in the setup of either the arch program or the printer preferences that i am missing.

what would help is a answer that moves me towards understanding what function needs to be taken to accomplish this.

juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

for your printer you have the choice to use 2 drivers: HPGL2 and PCL3.

wich one are you using?

in the other hand, did you try rotate 90 or first edge first options ? 

Cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
Tractor4650
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok so it was very simple.
I was checking the box for the page size in the printer setup.
Then setting the program printer settings for the page I had selected.
Thus a print as the program designed.
However. The print dialog box for the printer was checked use printer settings.
That kept taking it back to the printer setup.
When I checked the box In the print preferences to actual size it then pointed correctly and beautifully.
Morel of the story
The program used sets the printed page the printer prints it.
If the printer is set to different settings you will get those until you match the output desired.
I feel HO could make it a little more intuitive .
However maybe they feel that way with the check box that asks use printer settings.
In this case I did not I wanted to use program settings.
Thanks to all for input.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation