cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Gemma-1993
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

STUCK ON INITIALIZING

HP Recommended
designjet 5000
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi i need a bit of help, my HP designjet 5000 has been working great, however a problem has now occured, i will power on the printer and it will do the initialization of the printheads but when it comes to the roll it keeps saying media is installed incorrectly or something like that and it asks me to remove media completely, i did this hoping that it would carry on to the main menu but it doesnt it sticks on initializing.

can anyone help please or know what i could do to try and resolve this

Thanks

Gemma

3 REPLIES 3
D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it was mine, I'd try removing the paper from the machine, shut it off using the switch on the back, wait 30 seconds and then turn it back on.  See if it gets through the initializing steps and comes to "Ready".  Then try loading the paper again.

Give that a try and let us know what happens.

I have a 5000 and a 5500 and haven't seen that problem come up (yet).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gemma-1993
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thank you I tried this and worked perfect also not sure if you know anything about my other issue,

Basically I put a new roll into my machine last week and when I come to print a canvas its printing 1cm short just on the height its perfect width wise

Any help I would appreciate

Thanks
Gemma
D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish I could help but not sure.  I guess I would try some of the calibrations in the setup menu on the front panel.  There should be one for calibrating the paper advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation