Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about offline printers, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7740
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just installed the HP OfficeJet 7740 to a workstation running Windows 7 pro.  I cannot seem to be able to set the scan resolution above 300ppi for some reason.  The product is rated at 1200ppi but that opotion does not show in the resolution option.  It only shows 75 - 300.  Any ideas? 

My system is a 2 yr old dell workstation with 16 gb of ram.  My old HP OfficeJet 7610 had a higher resolution than 300.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The document feeder support up to 300 dpi only, the Flatbed Glass supports up to 1200dpi..

Set the scan source as Flatbed glass rather than Auto Feeder (if loaded), then higher resolutions will become availble for selection..

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The document feeder support up to 300 dpi only, the Flatbed Glass supports up to 1200dpi..

Set the scan source as Flatbed glass rather than Auto Feeder (if loaded), then higher resolutions will become availble for selection..

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.