cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
JC221
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Smaller paper in large printer - easier way?

HP Recommended
HP Designjet z2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Designjet Z2600 PostScript Printer. I often like to print onto 8.5" x 11" paper, but find it very difficult to load the paper without it grabbing the paper askew, leading me to have to load and reload it multiple times. I don't have this problem with larger paper; the guides load the paper straighter in those instances. I love the quality of this printer, and have a LOT of the smaller paper that I'd like to use for my photo classroom, but don't want the frustration of loading over and over.

5 REPLIES 5
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

I believe that you have do complete due to already you have successfully loaded big size sheet paper.

Just confirm, while you have load the paper its horizentally and touch the blue marking line with white line below, in this situation paper should touch paper loading senser, that time printer display shows press OK to continue. Please try to continous and its a practice issue.

Please follow the steps:

Load a single sheet:

1. Ensure that the cover of roll 1 is closed. If it is opened while a sheet is loaded, the sheet will be immediately unloaded.

2. At the front panel, press single sheet paper button then the roll 1 icon, then Load > Load sheet.

3. If a roll is already loaded, you have to wait while it is withdrawn to the standby position; it can be printed on again without reloading as soon as the sheet paper has been unloaded.

Note: If at any time you open a roll cover while that roll is in the standby position, the roll will be automatically unloaded, and you will have to reload it the next time you want to print on it.

Note: : If the roll is uncuttable, the front panel gives instructions for unloading it manually.

4. Select your paper category and type.

5. When prompted by the front panel, insert the sheet into the cut-sheet slot on the right side of the printer

a.jpg

Load your sheet aligned with the load line and insert until the paper will not continue; with thicker sheets, you feel resistance.

b.jpg

WARNING! Do not push your fingers inside the printer's paper path.

6. Press the OK key on the front panel to feed the paper into the printer. Guide the sheet into the printer; this is especially important with thicker papers.

7. The printer checks the alignment and measures the sheet

NOTE: Depending on the length of the sheet, it feeds out the front of the printer.

8.If the length of the sheet is more than 600 mm (23 in), the front panel prompts you to check that the rear of the sheet is hanging backwards over the roll cover (and not forwards over the printer window).

9. If the sheet is not correctly aligned, you may be asked to correct the alignment. Follow the instructions on the front-panel display.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JC221
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used the instruction booklet initially as you posted.  Re-posting this didn't really help my situation, although I appreciate your explanation.  The problem is not getting it to work; it's getting this method to work consistently. When 8.5" x 11" paper is loaded along the align line into the feed, you must push the paper beyond the guides to get it to be grabbed by the paper sensor. In pushing it beyond the guides, it's hit-or-miss if the paper stays aligned properly. (i'm finding, for me, it doesn't stay aligned about 80% of the time.) This is extremely time consuming and frustrating. The align guide on the paper roll is not long enough. Perhaps there is a design flaw there? I just want to be able to use this printer for my large and small format paper. I realize it was designed to be for primarily large format paper, but read that it could be used for my 8.5" x 11 stuff. It's not performing in a consistent way for me. I don't want to buy another high end printer for my smaller paper, if possible.

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please use 80 gsm plain A4 paper and try again. If you are using normal paper it may happens like grabbed on paper loading time.

Most of cases that type printer will using printing on long page from roll paper, not like A4/A3 paper size. Its happens time westes for paper loading.

Regards/Rashed
JC221
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry..this does not make sense and does not answer my question.

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Please below link....and try to your self continous....

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c02838671
Regards/Rashed
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation