cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
MSpike1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stopping printer squeal

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro200 color MFP M276
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer is starting to squeal when printing; how do I service it?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,015
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MSpike1

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the printer is making an excessive noise,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

is that a grinding or humming noise?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Noise issues are difficult to troubleshoot remotely and they could easily misguide even when we are close to the device. 

  

Please do confirm if the noise is a grinding noise or squeaky/humming noise. 

If this happens only while calibrating, I would suggest you to re-check & validate your toner cartridges.   
One of the toner cartridge may be malfunctioning. 

  

If not the toner cartridge, then it would be one of the printer hardware component causing the failure And an HP Tech may need to perform physical inspection of the device and the error condition, I recommend you Contact HP to setup a repair/replacement service. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation