cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
kraig11235
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

T1100 wont release cutter after belt replacement

HP Recommended
Designjet T1100PS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just replaced a shredded carriage belt on a T1100PS 44" plotter. Now I have two problems with the cutter. The carriage will pick up the cutter, cut the roll but apparently travel too far to the right and the cutter hits the frame causing a "possible paper jam" error OR after printing, the carriage picks up the cutter, cuts the roll fine, returns the cutter to the left side but does not release it. The carriage then returns to the right side and the cutter again hits the frame and causes the same "possobile paper jam" error. I can see and hear the cutter hitting the frame. When I manually manipulate the cutter into and out of the carriage it seems fine. I have lubed the rails and the cutter, the cutter is properly installed, I have run printhead calibration and cleaned the encoder strip, plunger and spring on the cutter move freely. All started after replacing the carriage belt. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! 

2 REPLIES 2
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please open the cutter unit and use lubricant oil in the cutter spring unit. Maybe that part will not properly moved. Please clean also cutter movement path..if possible use lubricant oil in the carriage rail.

Regards/Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kraig11235
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Performed a scan axis calibration. All normal now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation