cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
CitySurveyor
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

T1120 Printer does not boot: 1 beep/flashing green/lit LCD blank

HP Recommended
Designjet T1120ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Problem occurred after removing a simple paper jam with  printer on. If the fix is to replace the main PCA, please advise if this is a self repair item and how or if it requires a tech visit. Thanks for the support. Joe Fox, Newark (NJ) City Surveyor

4 REPLIES 4
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Attached are two pages from the service manual which give you the light patterns you can get when the display is blank. If the power supply and leds 1 and 2 are on solid and the led 3 is off then that would be a formatter issue. If that is what you have with the power off remove the formatter and reseat and see what happens. If that is not the error you have report back with the error referring to the attached pages for further information. The company I work for is located in Edison, NJ.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
CitySurveyor
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I have system error code 7 (led3 flashing). Does that definitely indicate the electronics module needs replacement? Is there a method for checking and/or resetting the module before getting into that. What's the approximate cost for module and tech time? Thanks for the feedback.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The first thing you want to do is what I suggested above. Unplug the plotter and then loosen the 2 screws that secure the formatter and remove the formatter and then reinstall and see if it now works when you power it up. If not then the error indicates you need to replace the main pca which also comes with the power supply. You do not want to puchase a used unit since it could make your unit not work at all. Information is written to the main pca from the formatter and interconnect board and using a used board could change the model of the plotter and it will never work again. Below is a link to the 24" model and the 44 inch models. You can do a google search for the service manual and see if you want to replace yourself or have a tech do it. Should not take longer then 1 hour to remove and install.

https://www.impactcomputers.com/index.php?_route_=ck837-67007.html    24 inch model

https://www.impactcomputers.com/index.php?_route_=ck839-67001.html    44 inch model

CitySurveyor
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems I may need to replace the main pca. I'll call in a tech to do a complete checkup and go from there. Thanks again for the feedback.  It was much appreciated. Take care

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation