cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
stalker007
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

T120 Uneven top bottom margins

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am printing from a pdf file and can not get the image printed in the center of the paper. The top and bottom margins are not even. The format of the file is larger than A3 but im trying to fit it on A3, in the middle of the paper (print from multi tray).

Please help.

Thank you so much.

5 REPLIES 5
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

maybe paper warping, try different paper .....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
stalker007
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your reply but im quite sure its not. I have tried many different types and sizes of paper, A4 and A3 and still got the same result and the bottom margin is still smaller than the top...

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

remember, printer has about 0.25 blank margin on all sides. how much  margins mainly depend on how you set

the paper size for your image.

I print mainly on canvas & always keep one inch for each side. for example, if image is 22x30, so I use 24" roll &

set print size as       24x32 in portrait mode. So I can get margin 1 inch around even & perfectly.

Print on photo paper & have to cut off blank manually .   can not expect all finish perfectly. That was the reason people

invented paper trimmer.

stalker007
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now it seems like if I print to fit the paper size, the image will not be in the centre.

Only to reformat and print the acual size can it be printed in the centre..

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

e mail me your image to  [edit]

I will print it out with my 24 inch roll & give you a report.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation