cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
OldTechGuy1ˢᵗ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

T120 With 80 & 100% (respectively) Black cartridges printing No Black

HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On my T120, Printing a Blueprint from a PDF file (using Reader 10.0) printed only Outlines of Text & Line Art.

[Kinda "Grey Scale" like.]

Switched to "Black & White Only" in the Adobe Settings and it printed Nothing.

Troubleshot at Printer Control Panel, and printed Diagnostic Printout.

Got a mostly blank page with gorgeous Magenta, Cyan & Yellow bars at the bottom (No Black).

[Even the Square Brackets around the color bars were empty outlines.]

This behavior persisted after swapping in a new Black Cartridge of HP Manufacture.

3 Printhead Cleaning regimens had no effect (other than killing my Paper Roll...)

Tried printing a PDF of a simple (monochrome) WMF file with "Print in Color" selected, which it valiently attempted, only got a light blue image.

Tried again with "Print Only Black & White" and page was blank.

So, 2 different Black cartridges, Head Cleaning (x3) unsuccessful.

Any thoughts out there?

2 REPLIES 2
marpveg
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what error codes does it return on the support menu?

Maybe the printhead is shorted

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,647 305 673
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I would remove the print head and get a good quality paper towel and get it wet, put the paper towel on a plate and microwave it till its steamy and blot the print head on it.

Do not wipe only blot because the nozzles are very small and delicate.

After you blot it hopefully that will open up some nozzles and then you only want to do the level 3 of the printhead cleaning if you can skip the other 2 levels I know it can be done I just don't recall off the top of my head how.

If you can't get the nozzles to open up then you have to replace the print and which on that model is really easy.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation