cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Rhinny2012
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

T120 bad roll of paper?

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a T120 that has been running fine for years, but today it would not orient the 24 x 18 pdf setting correctly. Rather than running the 24 along the width of the roll, it was running the 18. I also noticed that if I chose 24 x 36, it put the heavy red line on the left side. Tried shutting down the printer and computer, updating firmware and drivers, and printing from multiple pdf files, but the problem continued. So I put in a different roll of paper and it is fine. Went back to the first roll and the problem came back. Back to the second roll and it was fine so it clearly seems to be a bad roll. But it looks fine and is only about 1/4 used, and it printed fine for the first 1/4 of the roll.

Anyone see this before?

1 REPLY 1
TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rhinny2012,

Based on your description, you can try to check if there are any physical defect on the roll media surface. When you print on a load roll, the mech will scan to check the width of the roll before printing starts.  If the Media skews , the width sensed will be shorter than the actual and hence the cut off. 

Are the two rolls the same media type? If they are not please make sure the media type is selected correctly in the printer control panel.

Hope the information provided is helpful to you.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation