cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
eldesign
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

T120 cutter problem if printing in normal or higher quality

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with the cutter.

If I print a drawing from AutoCAD with the printing quality in custom properties set to "Speed" the cutter works fine. If I set the printing quality to "Normal" or "Quality" the printer prints whole drawing but the cutter cuts a few cm too soon (see the pictures attached). No other setting where changed and its the same file. 

There are some drawings that are cutted fine with "Normal" quality but I cannot figure any pattern.

Fast qualityFast qualityNormal qualityNormal quality

I have updated the drivers two months ago (had a problem with long paths to files (refused to print) but the update fixed it)

Thank for any suggestion.

Denis Serina

2 REPLIES 2
Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try Updating the printer Firmware, check if the printer is Rev A or Rev  B

on the back panel of the plotter check the product number, if ending with A or B to confirm the Rev.

Firmware Link : https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073

Fixes / Enhancements included in APP2CN1809AR version:

• Printer accepts up to 620mm roll (24inch models).
  • New paper preset "Transparent/Clear Film KOD" added.
  • Media preset "Plane Paper For Graphics" fixed.

Fixes / Enhancements included in APP2CN1733AR version:

• Improvement to the bottom margin when printing from L-tray (from 17mm to 5mm).

Installation instructions

Please make sure that the file has been correctly downloaded by checking the MD5 Checksum. It should be e3896dd8db4fe4ba5db59a8ebc59cdd5

Windows:
1. Save the .ful file from the download page to your computer.
2. Open the HP Designjet Utility.
3. Select the Admin tab.
4. Under the Firmware Upgrade section, click on Select File button.
5. Browse to point to the newer firmware file (.ful).
6. Click on the Upload file button for upgrade the printer firmware.
Mac:
1. Save the .ful file from the download page to your computer.
2. Open the HP Utility and select the printer to upgrade.
3. Under the Support section, select Update Firmware and click on Choose button.
4. Browse to point to the newer firmware file (.ful).
5. Click on the Update button for upgrade the printer firmware.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
eldesign
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hellou,

I have tried installing the new firmware but nothing has changed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation