cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
sapro
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

T120 design jet roll won`t load

HP Recommended
HP T120 DesignJet
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, 

When the last  594 mm roll finished, the cutter kind of trashed it at the finish line, and now the printer won`t load any new roll. When i try to load one the printer feels it, it grabs it, but then it won`t go any further, and after a few seconds the message " printer can`t detect the paper" appears. The multi tray works fine. Pls help !

1 REPLY 1
Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When there was a media crash last time the carrige might have hit the media hard causing a blockage or issue to the Line sensor.

To confirm - does the printer grab the paper and roll it till the platen assy.

If the paper comes till the platen ( Beneth the Print head ) and the Print head moves on the media trying to detect and then get the message media not detected, then the Line sensor might have got damaged or dislocated due to hard hit.

Check beneth the Carriage assy for any paper pieces / bits or the Line sensor might needs repalcement.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation