Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My T120 won't print width wise

Product Name: T120
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am having an issue with my T120 consistantly. After updating my OS to Windows 10 and updating all my drivers. HP print and share refuses to send my drawings through to the printer utilizing the 24" width. This results in me having to cut 6-8" of paper off of each drawing.

When I prep the drawing to plot, everything is set in the properties window from Autocad. I specify Landscape format, 18 x 24" paper size (the T120 has a 24" Roll) and I plot everything at actual size.

Everything was printing fine without any problems until the plotter said there was a critical update which I installed. After that is when the problems started.

Thanks for helping!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue with our T520 as well. Also since the Windows 10 updates this week. We are plotting D size (24x36) sheets on E size paper (36” roll). It’s like Windows or the plotter won’t rotate the drawings like they should.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a T120 and after setting it all up, I am having the same problem.  It prints but not in the right orientation.  Anyone have suggestions?

HP Recommended

FRom a 2014 post.  I did this and it worked.

Wow.  Buried deep in the menu of the t120 properties tab (properties>advanced>advanced features>document options>layout options) is a tree with "orientation in auto-select", click it, select "shortest edge first", click OK to save the setting. Landscape drawings in the multi-sheet tray will be rotated 90 degrees.  Paper size may have to be selected, and this may only work per each print job.

HP Recommended

Plotter: T120

Ok after spending more hours and paper than necessary to fix it, this is what worked form me (thanks HP). 

IMG_20180830_215047616.jpg

After installing the (current) 1.76.21210.100, 1.76.21822.200, 61.174.21210.100 drivers (testing one after the other) I kept getting the 6"x8"-right-side trimmed plots. 

I downloaded just the basic driver:

HP DesignJet T-Series PCL3 Driver     61.181.21210.300      4.6 MB       Mar 6, 2018

currently at:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/mcy/drivers/64/win-x64-pcl3-drv.zip

And changed the installed driver to the 61.181.21210.300 from the windows printer properties:

Capture1.JPGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGnavigate to the 61.181.21210.300 drivernavigate to the 61.181.21210.300 driverWindows will create a new printer from the driverWindows will create a new printer from the driver

Alternatively just selecting a driver windows already has on file (PH Designjet T120 Class Driver) from the list also worked for avoiding the trimming; but it did not have the complete layout and paper controls and options just basic typical printer options.

If like me your plotter inapropriatly rotates your plots (when using 24" x less than 24") on a 24" roll then try this.

Please note that the longest size is set just under 24" (like 24.96") since apparently the plotter counts the 24" roll as something slightly less and sending actual 24" makes it think its over sized and thus rotates it (yeah thanks HP)

(* you might need to keep the page as Portrait in your app such as acrobat)

Capture6.PNG 

HP Recommended

From your last photo, you should pick            landscape      ,  not portrait..   do not use scale to fit.. no need to rotate..

if your image was 24x36  , then portrait ok...   always use      custom to define different sizes....

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my T120 when trying to print ANSI B (Tabloid) size drawings on a 17-inch wide roll of paper.  The plotter reports that the roll is 16.97" wide and forces the plot to be portrait.  Not until I reduce the size of my drawing (99% of normal works in this case) will it allow me place the plot in landscape position and let me use the full width of the roll.  Of course now my drawings aren't to scale which isn't very professional.  It seems odd that somehow this perceived 0.03" shortage in width can't be overridden by the plotter so that I can plot my ANSI B drawings landscape, full size and precisely to scale.  I say perceived because when I measure the paper width as best I can, it looks to be 17.00" or maybe even 17.01" wide.  Any thoughts?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.