Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I print on my T120 designjet, an error pops up on the Printer screen: "paper mismatch", suggesting that the document needs to be printed on a different paper size. For example; If I print in portrait on size "letter" (8.5x11) the printer will suggest that the page size should be 11 and not the 8.5. If I print anyway, it prints landscape orientation on a portrait oriented paper. The real issue is when I try to print larger sizes  using the tray like 11x 17. The error then is "paper mismatch" and suggests the document requires a 17 inch rather than the 11 inch that is loaded.  This is a new issue. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AThomp1 

Disclaimer:

This is not a device with which I have any experience.

The following is intended as FYI and "good luck - hope this helps" kind of response.

Ignore me if the suggestions are useless.  Smiling.

If the printer is on the network,

If the feature is available to you,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to view / configure your default tray and paper paper settings.

Example,

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_AllEWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_AllEWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1

Depending on the software you are using to submit the job to the printer,

If the option is available, you might be able to set the Preferences or current job settings to accommodate the orientation necessary to print the job correctly.

General Example,

Found the HP Click as a printing software listed for your printer in Software and Drivers

The "HP Click" website - how-to and other features...

HP Click printing software 

Including:

HP Click Printing Software - User Guide

Will any of this help?  Unknown - admittedly, the user guide lacks any reference to orientation.  The manner in which the image / document / content prints might all be predicated on the paper size definition.  Yes, I know ...

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DesignJet T120 Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.