cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

T1200 HD MFP (Scanner) - will not complete Calibration

HP Recommended
T1200 HD MFP

Hi All,

I am working on a scanner that had not been calibrated for quite some time. 

When I arrived, it needed a lamp replacement as it was not turning on - done.

Allowed it to warm up, then started to run Calibration. The calibration stopped at a certain point with error 55-201

(Could not find ruler on calibration sheet, Please check for scratches and wear)

I ended up getting another calibration sheet (that we know worked on another scanner) and tried it.

It got past the previous point but now gets caught at the "Auto Vertical Alignment - Camera A" page. 

The shows the following      AVA 1 - 0 1 1 - , then   AVA 2 - 0 1 1 -, then   AVA 3 - 0 1 1 -    and so on through AVA 33, then starts again through this loop. When I cancel out I get 55-205 (Program has performed an Alignment. For optimal performance, this should be followed by a scanner calibration.)

When in ScanTest6 I do the Complete Hardware Test (7) and it passes. 

What do I need to do?

Will this require some Camera Adjustment?

or other type of mechanica adjustment?

Anyone with plenty of Scanner experience, please respond.

Thanks,

Roy K

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,646 305 673
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
After replacing a burnt-out bulb you should select the clear parameter blocks checkbox when you're starting the calibration.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,646 305 673
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
To adjust the cameras you need a special alignment tool which was running at about $700 list price last time I checked.

I would advise against even thinking about touching the cameras.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation