cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
dhood
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

T2500 Plotter error

HP Recommended
DesignJet T2500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a plotter that is no longer under warranty and I am trying to figure out what is wrong with it before I pay someone to come out and look at it. 

Error 86:01 on the screen.  Paper will feed and it started printing for a second and quit with this error.  Seems to have started as a paper jam error but not sure, I don't use it and it was reported to me from someone else.  

Now, the plotter will come one, self test and give this error and seems to be stuck in a loop.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Few weeks back, I repair a Z3100 44" printer & it gave 86:01 error when boot up, even without any paper loaded.

At the end the error gone after I replaced the scan axis motor  ( the one above the parked carriage box on

the right side )

Try to clean the encorder strip..    clean & lubricate the silver metal rod...  see if  any luck...

Search more on your model & see if any other replies related with this error.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dhood
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already inspected the encoder strip and the rod for the print head had plenty of lube on it.  It slides easily when moving it manually.  

Nothing wrong with the belt, no visible paper stuck anywhere and the print head moved about 2 inches from the left and then gives the error.  

Are there 2 scan axis motors, or is there only one?  

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the right side of the belt where the belt on the tip of it...( not sure your model... my printer is Z3100 44" )

Myself took the motor from a broken z3100 24" printer & replaced it & work right away.... problem solved.

I also have other z3200 44" which I could not fix for over 2 years .. the error was paper jam, as soon as I loaded

the roll & carriage box started to move to left & error came right up .   now I think the motor gave me that problem.

Same issue for the DJ500 , 800 printer, I fixed one by replaced the motor...

For reference only & no sure work or not...

good luck.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation