cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Bearcat101
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

T2500 unloads paper when it goes into hibernation -

HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2500 PostScript

Hello all...we have a T2500 that is driving us nuts ...... it unloads paper when it goes into hibernation ...and for no reason ??

I know our plotter is not the only one with this issue, so I would love to hear back from anybody that has the same issue, and more important...what is the cause?? and how can I correct this plotter from constantly spitting out the the paper.....UGH   😞    ....it's Frustrating...plz shed some light if you can...TY

3 REPLIES 3
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this link to check on firmware updates:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t2500-multifunction-printer-series/540...

It mentions an update that addresses the unloading issue.  Click on the "Details" tab.

I don't own this model so not sure if this is the fix or not but it might give you a starting point in solving the problem.  Latest FW version is MRY_04_05_00.5.  You'll want to check yours to see if it's up to date.

There's instructions on updating the firmware on the HP website.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Bearcat101
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply...we have the latest firmware ...and still no luck 😞   we may try rolling back the firmware to the original and see what happens??   The odd part about the plotter spitting out the paper, is that when we go into the paper settings, the plotter still thinks there is paper loaded   lol...  in the paper menue...it will ask if we want to "unload roll"   LOL...heck its already unrolled at that point  lol.... its frustrating to have to reload the roll a few times a day....UGH.

kennard42B
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been having a similar problem.  My theory is that it is high humidity.  The paper seems to be stretched and I think it has only been happening certain parts of the Summer time.

Does this make sense?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation