Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T2530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am using an HP T2530 wide format plotter with AutoCAD.  There is a issue when plotting where any drawing will not plot and a preview will not show.  I seem to have narrowed it down to the option in Custom Properties, Layout/Output tab, Orientation options.  When Portrait is selected everything works as expected.  When picking Landscape (which seems like a very obvious choice for drawings) the preview won't work and the drawing will not plot. 

I can get it to work one time if I go to the Paper/Quality tab, pick the Document size I want to use, and then pick the Currently loaded paper refresh button.  The information on what is loaded on the plotter will show.  I can leave the dialog, save the PC3 file, and it will plot that one time.  I can immediately try another plot and it won't work unless I repeat the above steps. 

I had an HP T770 until the middle of 2017 and it did not exhibit this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : T2530 - preview won't show in autocad plot dialog

Problem Description: Preview issue

The possible cause could be: autocad application setting issue

Corrective Action:

1. Open the file in auto cadd > ctrl +p > select printer driver > properties > custom properties > select paper size, paper source and paper type.  select orientation from layout tab> click ok, come back to auto cad print screen> select window > check the preview and then plot.

2. Step 1 settings has to be followed for every print. it is normal behaviour of the application.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

I have to say you are wrong in that one must choose the orientation every time.  I had the HP T770 prior to this crappy T2530 and only needed to set it once.

Also, I have found that setting the paper type to Plain Paper rather than what is really in there will cause the plotter to work as expected.  Once set to Plain Paper I don't have to keep setting Landscape every time.  

There is a definite bug in the driver that HP needs to look at, perhaps along with Autodesk.

Thanks for responding.

Kent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.