cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Tundebili
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

T520 designjet (2013 model) cutting problems

HP Recommended
DesignJetT520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.

At the office we are having a DesignJet T520 (2013 model) and we have some problems with the cutter. When we are printing an entire file of projects it does not cut after each drawing, it cuts after  every second drawing. The cutter itself works well but it gives us hard time as we manualy have to cut what ever the pronter didn’t do.

In the beginning it worked well until one paper got jammed. Ever since then we are experiencing this error, we tryed factory reset hoping to solve the issue but didn’t work. It does not give us any error codes.

Other than that the printer works fine, the cutter does not damage the paper, it just does not cut every file, it has a mind of its own.

Any sugestion, what can we do. Could be a software problem or a hardware.? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

to rule out if the problem is HW or SW related, i would recomend to check:

when the plot is finished, carriage should go to left and pickup the cutter to start cutting procces.

Does the printer do this when plots are not cut? 

Did you try to reseat the cutter?

you can find some pictures about how to do it here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079/model/5263085/document...

Cheers and GL

I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tundebili
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. I think I figured it out, was a setting problem, the drying time for the ink was set to 6, so in the same time the printhead was performing a maintenace and could not cut until that was done, so setting the drying time to zero solved the problem 98%, it still gives an error from time ro time, meaning it will leave 2 jobs uncut but way much better than before. Any other suggestion to get rid of that problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tundebili
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there,

I thought the problem got solved but unfortunately when we started printing more we discovered that we are still having the same problem, we still have a lot of uncut designs.

any suggestions?

tks

Tundebili
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there,

I thought the problem got solved but unfortunately when we started printing more we discovered that we are still having the same problem, we still have a lot of uncut designs.

any suggestions?

tks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation