cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
splainjane35
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Trouble switching between two different HP printers using HP Printer Assist

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two different HP Officejet Pro 8600 printers located in two different places - one at home and one at the office.  Got a new laptop that's running Windows 10 (hate it) and now I can't get both printers installed while still being able to use HP Print Assistant with full functionality.   No matter where I am (home or office) I have to reinstall the printer every single time I want to use the printer/HP Print Assistant.  Also, scan function disappears when I switch between printers.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled in both locations - multiple times.  I've checked and re-checked drivers.  I'm about to throw both printers in the trash and buy another brand at this point.   I just want to be able to print and scan from two different HP printers in two different locations.  Really shouldn't be this difficult.  Anyone else having this issue?  Or know of a solution other than the completely unoriginal unistall/reinstall suggestion that seems to be HP's only answer?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@splainjane35

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand there's trouble switching between two different HP printers using HP Printer Assistance,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to reinstall the drivers?

Have you used HP Scan and Capture for scanning?

While you respond to that, I recommend you reinstall the driver from Root-Level:

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation