Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DESIGN JET 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

8FBF810E-55FE-4676-95BD-FBD593C4152C.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

you should try to clean printheads, the perform a printhead alignment... make sure it pass...

saw your photo has 2 tiny white dots which indicated your belt might dropped 2 tiny rubber piece when printing.

I used dj500 before for many years & knew this printer..

for reference only...

HP Recommended

I will give it a try thanks, it’s also printing really really dark. Do you know why?

HP Recommended

color dark, you must color calibrate the media first time.  for example, you loaded a new media, since the menu not too

many options, you pick the one close to your new media..... then perform color calibration......Before you print, make sure

convert your photo to the right icc profile   (  if you use hp medias, there are some pretty good & I used those before )
then after you define the print size,   at the print screen, make pick photshop manage color & below the same icc profile

you picked earlier )

now I am using Z3200 44" with 12 pigmented inks.. I really enjoy its quality.

good luck...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.