cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
pbrooks259
Level 6
263 107 22 13
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Wanted: Needles to prime ink tubes on DJ 500, 800, 5X00, 105X, and T & Z Series Printers

HP Recommended

I want replacement needles--they have side ports (pictured (not exact one); not blunt end--I have some of those, pictured too) about 1/2" long, 17 gauge (or close to it; I measure about 0.056" OD), Luer lock.    I misplaced the about 9 or so that I had to go along with my about 7 syringes.   I originally acquired these from LPS, the priming tool they sell--syringe & needle.   I asked them about replacement needles; they seemed to ask too much for a needle.   I don't want the priming tool; I only want needles to attach to the syringes I have.

Again these along with a syringe can be used to prime various ink tubes with ink.

Does anyone know where I can buy several replacement needles?    Perhaps a box of a half dozen to dozen or so.

I could not find pics of the specific ones I had--I don't want to use LPS' pics.

But theirs is here if you want to buy one from them.:    https://www.lpscomputer.com/collections/designjet-1050c-1055cm-parts/products/designjet-ink-tube-pri...

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
rubensanchez01
Level 4
130 115 1 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

quickly & simply , find 1 uselss printhead, open it.... keep the front, trim all edges.... then super glue 1 soft tube about 4mm to the printhead... use this simple tool, you can suck... blow the clog inks...

those soft tube aquarium store sell...

I made this simple home made  tool with #70 printhead with 2 tubes for 2 colors & use it all the time.

for reference only....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
pbrooks259
Author
Level 6
263 107 22 13
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.   I have seen those printhead needles adapted to syringes.   I simply want to buy 6 to 12  - 1/2" long 17? gauge side port Luer Lock needles to simply replace the ones I lost that were on the "priming tools" (syringes and needles) I had obtained through several years from LPS.    I have about 7 syringes and want to simply screw replacement needles onto them.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation