cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Igor5170
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

When printed, appears blue screen of death

HP Recommended
designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When you print a file with the extension .pdf and .dwg appears blue screen of death. Trial village is printed without a problem, the jpg files too. Drivers installed from official website version 6.08. What's the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisEstrada
Level 4
Level 4
73 73 5 12
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The most common cause of the Blue Screen is a recent change in your computer’s settings or hardware. This is often related to new drivers getting installed or updated. Drivers are software that allow your hardware to communicate with Windows.

Since the version you have tried is the PCL3 version, it means that your printer does not have HPGL 2 capatibilities.

At this point, I would recommend performing a complete of the HP driver by deleting it from   Print server propieties  then restart the computer and add it again from the hp site

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=377951&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
carpenter66
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi guys this is annoying issue but really simple to fix if you know what is happening...

in my own experience all you need to do its in the plotter   you must change from optimous to regular or fast print...whanever it means to get a low definition printing...beleive me its the same quality....you can add some networking protocols even if you dont use them..)ipx,dlc,apple ect..)...you can try several drivers  in my situation doesnt work the pcl one it works the regular dirver hp 500 42 64 bits windows 7.....and the adobe 8 reader....upgrading the firmware its a plus...but doesnt help really...due its not the root of this issue....regardsgood luck...!!!...its some proof**error  way ...but you will get results in 1 hour...!...im using a jet card----i was trying to print over my network,,,it works fine and soon...)))))

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation