Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing a diagnostics page to see if all colors are printing, all colors print the boxes as they should but, the black doesn’t print a box at all. 

I can print out a diagram in what seems to be black ink. The lines are all very black looking. I can print a 8x11 document that seems to be in only black. The person who wants to buy the Plotter, asked to see the diagnostics page print all colors and black. What to do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It looks that you need to replace black printhead for start. The printheads ( 4 pcs, one for each color) are customer replaceable parts and they need to be replaced when print quality gets low.

Do you know how old your current printheads are?

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/bpp03062

It's nothing to worry about it's totally normal to check the diagnostic page to check the quality of the printheads especially if you are buying a used Designjet because purchase on 4 new printheads will cost money.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.