Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp Designjet z5400 and Designjet T1200 hard drives needed

Where can I purchase hard drives for an older model HPDesignjet z5400? It says hard drive is E1l21-64001? 

also for a designjet T1200 I need a hard drive CH538-64001

please advise

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you checked with LPSComputers.com, as suggested in one of your other threads started on this same question?  If you contact them they can set you up with the exact hard drive you need, once you tell them what that is.  It looks like you've already pulled the part number off the actual hard drive inside the machines.  That's good.  You'll also need the model number from the back of the printer.

Yes, you can purchase off Ebay or Amazon but you really need to know EXACTLY what your looking for and to be sure you get a drive that has the firmware already loaded.  It's not possible to buy a blank hard drive and put it in.  Some of the HP printers require you replace the formatter and the hard drive as a set but I'm not sure either of your printers require that.  That's why you really need to talk to a good, reliable parts dealer that can get you what you need.  Or maybe someone else on the forum will step in and answer that question for you.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir 

nop this is the right part number for the hard disk 

Part E1L21-67013 is no longer supplied. Please order the replacement, E1L21-67026

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.