cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
GoGuy
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Where do I find IP address for Designjet 90 (2011)

HP Recommended
Designjet 90 (2011)
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My Designjet printer still prints (connected to a router-wireless network) from my old MacBook Pro (2011) running OS 10.12.4 bu I can't seem to run it on my new IMac (2017) running OS.10.12.4 either through a wireless network or plugged directly to my new IMac. Apple techs suggest I run it with an IP address but I can't seem to do that w/o an IP address for the Designjet 90. The manual suggests that it (TCP/IP) is in the information pages which can be printed out BUT I only get two of the THREE info pages. I don't see any IP address listed on the I/O Section page under TCP/IP section or any TCP/IP section on the first two pages of the three-page report, so it must be on the third page, no?

I understand if the Designjet90 is not supported but why is it running on my old MacBookPro with the latest OS?

There are not three pages (just two when I print the report)

Complete the following steps:
  1. Print the Information pages by following these steps:
    1. Press and hold the power button.
    2. Then holding down the power button, press and release the resume four times.
    3. Release the power button.
      NOTE:
    This would print a three-page report.
  2. Make a note of the IP address listed on the I/O Section page under TCP/IP section.

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is the printer connected? In other words are you using usb cable or are you using an eithernet cable (RJ45) which is plugged into one of the ethernet ports on the router.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
GoGuy
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using a USB cable that can be either plugged into my router or computer...please advise

Thank You, Michael

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then the printer does not have an ip address. You  could try typing in the ip address of the router and see if the printer is listed as attached and if you can attach that way.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation