cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
bbcustom
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Why does the printer always seem to run out of all the ink or toner at the same time.

HP Recommended
projet7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why do HP printer cartrages always seem to run out at the same time?  I almost never print in color but when the black cartrage needs replacing, one by one the printer forces replacement of cyan, yellow and then magenta.  This statisticly seems imposible.  Any one have any idea why that might be?

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bbcustom

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns.

I'd like to help.

The color Ink is actually been used even when you are trying to Print in Black. The different combination of colors is what gives the Black print it's particular contrast and depth depending on what you are printing. Moreover this actually makes the Black Ink last longer and it prevents the color Ink from drying up and causing issues with the Printhead.

You can change the Printer Settings to use less Color ink when printing in Black only.

Type Devices & Printer and look for your printer > Right click your Printer and select Printer Properties > Select Paper/Quality TAB > Select B & W or Grayscale and hit OK

Next Step,

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

3. Select the grayscale option or B&W

Hope this helps.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bbcustom
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While this sounds plausable I question the exact timing as suspicious.  Seems more like an example of planned obsolecense.  I tried to print the resolution text to implement the change only to find that was not possible.  Sad reflection on HP if printing your response somehow undesirable.  Not very happy with HP right now.

KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bbcustom

I understand your concerns and frustratiuons.

I have escalated your concerns to HP’s Support Team to review your case.  You should be contacted within 2 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays).

Thank you. 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation