cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Stefano2018
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Wireless & Wi-Fi Direct connections

HP Recommended
DJ 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam,

After installing the printer software suggested, I cannot print with Wi-Fi Direct, neither from laptop nor from smartphone: indefinite queue for the print spooler.

With wireless, I can print only with the smartphone and the app HP Smart: in this case, the only documents available for the printer are those under  the phone directory (it seems that those in the sd card are not seen...is that normal ?).

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Stefano

4 REPLIES 4
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 26,473 2,620 4,016
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stefano2018

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need help using the wireless connection as it isn't working after installing the printer software,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the copier work fine? and have you been able to print the diagnostic page?

Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers using the root level method?

If not, here's what you need to do:

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2igKeU1

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stefano2018
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

Thank you for the answer. I confirm that the printer works fine and I have been able to print the diagnostic page. I'll try the

solution suggested for the WiFi Direct problem and I'll let you know if it works or not.

Regards,

stefano

Stefano2018
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I tried the method suggested for the wireless problem but it didn't work.

So I'll have to use the printer only with the USB cable :(.

All in all, I don't know if I buy again HP product in the future.

Sincerely,

Stefano

Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 5,034 314 468
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stefano2018

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation