Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have a problem with orientation. I have to print drawings from BricsCAD. Paper in printer is 841mm x 1189mm. My drawings are 841mm x 297mm. When I print the drawings directly from BricsCAD (in preview everything is OK) the first thing I noticed, that printer status is rotating, and then preparing to print. When the drawing is printed, the longer side becomes vertical, not horizontal like it should be and it is in preview. If I print it from PDF file (PDFis made in BricsCAD), the printer status is the same, but the drawing edge of frame is moved from left side to right. But the horizontal side stays horizontal. If my coworker print my drawings, everything is OK. So the paper or the frame is OK. I noticed on printer, that roll plain paper size is 837.78 mm. This number is the same in HP propreties. Is maybe this the problem? 
Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the co-worker using the exact same CAD software and is he printing to the same printer?

Do you have auto-rotate turned off or on?  (It's in the properties page when setting up the drawing to print.)

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

All my coworkers are on AutoCAD, but I'm using their settings (plotter configurations). I tried to make my own paper, my own settings/plotter con., but nothing changed. I tried with DWG Trueview too... Is it possible that is something wrong with scale? Because it's funny that rotates the PDF frame, not the picture. To understand: I have the frame in PDF 2.5 cm from the edge of paper on left side. But on printed paper is on right side. Drawings are OK in the frame.

HP Recommended

If I were doing it, I would leave the frame off and try to print just what lies inside the frame.  Then you can determine if the frame size is the problem.  If the frame is too big (according to the margins set in the printer), it will try to rotate the frame so it fits.  If everything prints without the frame the correct way, then you know you need to adjust the size of the frame.

Do you have a "scale to paper size" setting on the printer setup page?  If so, try that and see what happens.   But it sounds to me like the image is too big for the paper size you've selected.

Also, did you check the auto-rotate option?  It should be unchecked unless you want it to auto-rotate for you.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.