cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mwolsfeld
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Yellow/Black Does Not Print Reliably

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T1200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our office's HP DesignJet T1200 has been experiencing some very frustrating issues with its Yellow/Black ink/printhead (not sure which).

Images will print fine to begin with, but early on in the print the yellow will, for lack of a better term, konk out. This leaves a portion of the image being printed with the correct colours and the remainder lacking any yellow channel. A quick photo below shows where the transition happens (most notable in the colour change in the bush).

HP Example.jpg

I have changed the ink cartridge to test for air bubbles, I have done multiple cleanings of the printheads followed by realignments and colour calibrations, and nothing has done the trick. Most frustrating, sometimes it prints fine and sometimes it just decides to quit, ruining a whole print job and wasting a lot of ink.

Any possible causes or solutions out there?

1 REPLY 1
cyun
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hope you have a nice day.

Have you printed a diagnostic plot to see the nozzle performance?

If all the test patterns from the Diagnostic Print are correct and you still experience Image Quality
problems, you can use the following procedures to resolve the problem.
● Reading the Advanced Diagnostic Print Results
● Printhead Alignment diagnostic
● Nozzle Health
● Force Drop Detection

you can refer to this link for the steps by steps of advanced troubleshooting methods.

https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%20T770%20and%20T1200.pdf

Hopes it helps.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation