cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Bjoernkarlsen
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z2100 problems with small particals on print

HP Recommended
HP Z2100 24"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I just wanted to share my experiance with my HP Z2100 problem solving 🙂

My wife a proffesional photographer in Denmark ( www.Sofiakarlsen.com)

Started printing her own photo prints after constantly getting faulty pictures from other firms.

We bought a 5 year old Z2100 printer which had been standing still for about 1 year.

Knowing it could cause problems we bought it cheap and were ready to invest in some spare parts.

Printhead

First off the printer wouldnt print black on the diagnostic page and it would later show, that it were the printhead that were clocked up.

After a rins and 50/50 water/ethanol bath and alot of "Clean printhead" it began working!

we bought a whole bunch of new ink canisters, since the printer finally started working.

Carrige belt

After a few pictures. there started to show up small black pieces... now knowing what it were or where it came from, we first thought it were dust and particales from the room.

But after a quick look inside the printer, it turned out the carrige belt were totally busted and flushed.

I new belt, a whole work day after, the belt were changed and we started the printer up. and now it works and run perfect.

Nice to be able to print your own pictures in such good quality at home. 🙂

Bjoern out!

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

a new belt & clean the encorder strip, also lubricate on silver metal rod  would be good for a while....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation