cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
chrisgoltz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z3100 internal connecting cables killed by rats

HP Recommended
DesignJet Z3100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day,

I am a freelance photographer living in a game reserve, in the deepest bush, in Namibia.

Recently, tree rats got into my HP Z3100 printer and bit through almost all internal connecting cables, see images attached.

I am unable to reconnect the cables since it is impossible to tell which wire goes where. My livelihood depends on the printer and nobody here in Namibia or South Africa is able to help me.

Can anybody tell me if there is a cabling set available or maybe some kind of wiring plan?

I also attach a picture of the serial number etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Christian Goltz

z3100cables2-6322.jpgz3100cables-6321.jpg

z3100serial_6329.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Z3300
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to luminous-landscape.com forum - printers papers and inks.  Put your question there and hope that Mark Lindquist turns up.  Lindquist is the most knowledgeable about fixing these printers on the internet.  Just be patient - he usually checks in and will likely help you if he can.   

LuLa is the best place for help for Z-series printers.

Better get a new printer - that one looks done for.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation