cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
myZ2300
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Z3200 photo printer starting up in manufacturing mode

HP Recommended
Z3200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Z3200 just started booting up into manufacturing mode. I tried pulling the power cord, letting it sit, holding down the power button to drain excess power. It is plugged into the wall outlet.  Anyone know how to get around this and boot normally?

2 REPLIES 2
myZ2300
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I got it booting up correctly. I started getting error "code 21.13". It kept telling me to reboot. It thought there was a paper jam. After lots a messing around and reading the service manual,  I could see that the drive belt was falling apart and streching on the right side of the carriage. So I ordered a new belt for $40 from LSPcomputer. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tabassum_S
Level 3
Level 3
36 36 4 14
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : 21:YZ

Problem Description: Fail moving Service Station.

The possible cause could be: Service station faulty

Corrective Action:

1. Make sure that the Service Station path is clear.

2. Remove any visible obstacles (e.g. screws, plastic parts, etc...) restricting the movement of the Service Station.

3. Perform the Service Station diagnostic test.

4. diagnostic test : Make sure the printer is switched OFF from the power switch on the front of the printer and NOT from the power switch on the back of the printer

hold the Up arrow key and the OK key down and switch the printer ON using the front power switch.

Wait until the LED of the power switch stops flashing (usually after 20 seconds) before releasing ALL three keys.

Once inside the Service Tests Menu use the Arrow keys to scroll through the “diagnostic test” selections

In the Diagnostics menu, scroll to 8. Service Station and press OK. The Front Panel will show the 8. Service Station submenu.

In the 8. Service Station submenu, scroll to Service Station and press OK to start the test.

5. The Service Station test starts and after verification it gives result: passed or failed

6. If service station tests fail , service station needs to be replaced , please contact HP toll free for part replacement.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation