Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z3200PS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi community!

The fault started when I printed an "exercise print" as you can see the red just seemed to run out, followed later by the black on print evaluation prints. I guessed the printhead had failed, and bought another - out of warranty. The printhead loads okay, and seems to be installed fine. However, printhead calibration fails, I guess due to absence of red/black ink! I'm at a loss.. any help will be much appreciated. DSC_0010.JPGDSC_0009.JPGDSC_0008.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

OEM or third party inks? Just wondering if you have clogged lines. Also did you clean the contacts on the carriage assembly that mate with the printhead?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. The contacts were in a messy state. I cleaned them very thoroughly with Rubbing alcohol and q-tips/buds. The inks I replaced with new HP both of them. Do both lines get clogged simultaneously or is it a controller board fault? There's not a molecule of ink getting through.. 

HP Recommended

for reference only :

you should go to menu    image quality      diagnostic print.....

you might see the mk ink blank.....  if yes,,  go  to to  ink,    replace printhead....

after carriage box moved & open the cover,  open the carriage box cover  .... take out printhead & clean
the printhead & shake it... then press it on  paper towel & see any mk ink mark.. if it has,
insert it back & printer might charge inks & sometimes ink might come back...

otherwise have to replace it...mk/r   the most frequent troublesome....

( myself use a repair kit & fill printhead with ink,   sometimes lucky & it worked again & saved some $$ )

HP Recommended

Thanks Ruben. yes I might try priming the printhead. You are right this one gives me the most trouble!

I took a working one out just now, and weighed it and it was 57g. The non working MK/R printhead weighs 51g, which confirms there is no ink in it. But the old printhead was giving me a problem, and I replace it with anew one and the problem is worse. I cleaned those contacts again by the way. ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.