Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200p6 44"
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
last updated - 1:10 pst

This is my first attempt to print a 96"+ print on  the Z -  All attempts to have failed.  
Unit prints the first 6" then quits and feeds the blank paper to the size of the paper setting.

Printing directly out of PS5 - mac OSX 10.9.5 - quad core, 64 gigs of RAM

Thus far to resolve this I have done the following
  • Reduced file size to 200 dpi at hte output size
  • converted file from 16 bit to 8 bit RGB
  • cleared queue in hardrive, set to do not save print queue
  • the usual reboots of everything
I am thinking this may be a software issue, perhaps driver or firmware issue, however, I believe I have the latest versions.  

Next steps to test:

>>load cheap paper, set up a 5 point rule line and try to run a 96" print to confirm the printer will do.
Result:  Z accepted a rule line 97 x 36" file, sent to a 97 x 36" paper setting -  printed without problem

>>It was also suggested to reduce the file size to 150dpi:   

>>My HP tech thought there may be a bug with printing to the full 44" paper width and I may have to cheat that back to 43.75" as one idea, to see if the max width is what may be causing this. HE thought there may be a bug and had recalled hearing of other having issues with output like this

>>It was then suggested to try reducing the file size to 150dpi at output size, but I am not sure why the file size would prevent me from printing this, if I already was able to print this from its unflattened 3.2 gig master file.

• USE CASE OVERVIEW
  • Photoshop output to Z3200PS Model 2 set to 97 x 44” fails - printing directly out of Photoshop, set for Printer manages color.
  • sheet size was set to 98 x 44;
  • I tried the file in 16 bit and 8 bit; all flattened, 200 dpi at out size
  • Hangs at "Looking for printer"
  • Then displays "remote host would not accept data"
  • starts to print anyway
  • panel displays correct time to print image - 107 minutes in this case
  • prints first 6" of the image, about 5 minutes
  • Panel then changes to 30 seconds to print
  • Print then stops, and starts feeding the paper to 98” paper size and cuts it if not aborted  
  • print repeated this two more times when left unattended (ouch)
  • Only occurs when sending a full-size final for output
  • Previously printed up to 72” (HP ID photo Satin) from 16-bit files without issues 
  • This file which failed has printed without issue in all testing, and full size 44 x 24” (3.2 gigs 16 bit in layers) 
  • No change in result if I reduce size to 200 dpi or 8 bit from 16bit 
  • File: RGB Tif 19K pixels, 16 bit

• Media: failure is on Hahnamuele Bamboo
  • System: Mac 4.1, quad core 2.26 64 gigs RAM
  • software: CS5.5  - Mac OSX 10.9.5

HP z3200PS Model B
    firmware version is:  TR12-RB_15.0.1.4
    ....(note: download center links to a different firmware for the model B : TR12-RB_14_00_01-4_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw
    printer Utility is version 9.4 (447.2)

1 REPLY 1
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.