Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet z5200 ps3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there everyone,

just ahd a random problem occur with a z5200. When I send a file to print, the machine simply throws up the 70:04 error. I've updated the firmware (TR8-AC_17_00_00-1_mvl40-x86-opt_B), the hard drive itself is fairly new too (4 months old I think)
Have tried to print the following;

jpg image via Instant Print v2 & v3.6

pdf via Instant Print v2 & v3.6

pdf via Acrobat pro

jpg via Photoshop/Lightroom

existing file on the printers hard drive (this file has been printed before successfully)

in ALL instances, the file would be sent to the printer, front panel reading 'Receiving Data', then at the moment just before the printer would prepare itself to print (you normally hear the ink cartridge pumps fire up first), 79:04.

the file already on the machines hard drive would simply cut to 79:04 message straight after I'd tried to reprint it via the machines front panel.

I can load/unload paper just fine, print internal/diagnostic image fine

I've printed the same file on both my other z5200 machines and it prints fine.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This error can be caused by a corrupt print job that has corrupted files on the harddrive. Not sure if this model has a hard driver recovery tool, but if it does I would run that.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This error can be caused by a corrupt print job that has corrupted files on the harddrive. Not sure if this model has a hard driver recovery tool, but if it does I would run that.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ah, thanks for the insight. The machine doesn't have a HD recovery mode but I know someone who re-formats drives for them so I'll just have a day out in Birmingham and visit him then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.