cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
BiOFFICE
Level 2
14 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Z5200 hangs at 58%

HP Recommended
Designjet Z5200ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, we have a DJ Z5200 installed 1 mounth ago. at power on the plotter hangs at 58% without any error message or advise. The only thing we can do is: power off from the back switch and power on again. sometimes it starts.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, this is a totally different machine--a Designjet T770. However, I have had 2 different ones that hung at 58% and both times it was a bad main pca that was the source of the problem--of course the main pca is in tandem with the power supply unit PSU.

I would bet that the 58% hang is caused by a bad main pca, but again my problem was on a different machine, the T770.

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BiOFFICE
Author
Level 2
14 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bad news, Anyway the machine is under warranty. Now i'm going to test the machine and report the problem to HP warranty support.

Thank you!

pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, good that it is under warranty because an electronics control module is kinda pricey. ....I would bet $50 that it is the main pca; again that of course usu. lies within the electronics control module that also contains the power supply unit.  ....I am not familiar with the Z5200 specifically but to me a lot of these Z and T series Designjets seem to have very similar architecture.

Tags (1)
pbrooks259
Level 6
249 176 21 14
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am curious. What was the problem that caused the 58% hang on the Z5200?

Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation