cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
lenswork
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Z6100 trouble setting up on Mac El Capitan

HP Recommended
designjet z6100
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have had a z3100 and a z3200 with no setup problems.
I now own a z6100 and having trouble setting it up.

Afer using a lan cable and connecting the printer to the router I am able to 'see it'/communicate on my macbook....I see it listed by it's IP address....but when I use the Hp Utility to setup the printer, it won't move forward and tells me to go to the HP site and download the necessary software (of which it doesn't say).

I have installed the correct driver ( I believe)  and don;t know what the problem is.

Can anyne help? I have pending orders and this is pretty urgent!  Thx 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is your printer the PS model. If not use the document below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04486562

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lenswork
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok...that doesn't tell me anything there or is in any way helpful...but...er thx (?)

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just looked and it seems hp does not have the raster driver listed on the support page for your plotter. I did find the raster driver for MAC for the deisgnjet 500 which should work for your printer. Download at the link below and give it a try.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL39819/Raster-39/Mac_OS_X_HP_DesignJet_Raster_Driver.dmg

lenswork
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the first link you sent it mentions both models...the Z6100PS and the Z6100

The last link you sent for the 500 doesn't work, it is a dead link...Did you send the right link?

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are right again. Dam HP is making this hard. Try the link below that I found. I was able to download to my pc but I do not have your plotter or a MAC to try it on. It should work. This is the raster driver for the Z3200 which should work with the Z6100. Remember if you plotter is not the ps (postscript) model you need the raster driver. If you printer is the ps model then the standard postscript driver should work.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL39819/Raster-39/macOS_HP_DesignJet_Raster_Driver.dmg

lenswork
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I use this...or replace...over the one I installed?

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the steps below to install the software:

• Download the file and double-click on it to extract its contents.
  • Double-click on "Mac OS X HP Designjet Installer".
lenswork
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes...but will this replace the existant driver?

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest you post this to a MAC forum. My assumption is when you run the installer it asks which printer you wish to install with this driver, but again I could be wrong since I am not a MAC person. The impression I got reading info on this driver is it covers all those plotters shown in the first document I linked you to that are not postscript. Is you 3200 postscript of non postscript. If non postscript then the driver should already be on your computer.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation