Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z9+

The horizontal cutter on this printer cuts with a slight curve on this printer which is incredibly annoying. Ive attached a picture of the output.  It cuts with in an arc from edge to edge curved cutting edgecurved cutting edgewhich makes trimming on a rotatrim overly time consuming as the edge is never true and square. Anyone else have this issue...?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I could find no listed known issues for this. How much cutting have you done with this plotter? Is it possible the cutter is worn? Do you get the same issue with any type of media you have tried?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, It has done it since new (about 3 months old). If this is an anomaly with my particular printer I guess I should contact Support for them to look into it... It's not ideal.

Thanks 

James

HP Recommended

Cuts should be straight, at that age you have warranty, I would get it looked at as you will have paid quite a bit for that printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello!

Did you get this issue fixed? If yes, what was the fix. Do you have the problem on all papers or only on some? 

For me it's mostly the beginning of the cut which is not straight. It's the first 4-6cm which are shorter by about 1-2mm. It is more pronounced on Hahnemühle Photo Matt Fibre 200gsm, but you can also see it on HP Everyday Instant-dry Photo paper. On HP Matte Artist Canvas it's mostly straight. The printer is new, not even a month old.

Does anyone with an HP Z9+ with V-Trimmer get straight cuts from the horizontal cutter?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Most issues we have seen are solved by running the cutter calibration tools. 

https://youtu.be/UdAYgcPTqbA

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you very much for trying to help. The issue is not directly related to the Vertical-Trimmers. The V-Trimmers cut fine. The problem is with the horizontal cutter, the one which cuts the paper roll along the width of the roll.

Just to be sure I repeated the calibration procedure for the V-Trimmer. Sadly it didn't have any influence in the performance of the horizontal cutter.

I just tried this same Hahnemühle paper on a DesignJet Z3200 24", and although the cut isn't perfect, the imperfections are negligible. Not so with the cut from the Z9+dr V-Trimmer. The cut from the Z9 is atrocious. I don't know if my cutter is broken, or if this has something to do with the V-Trimmer Trenches (the windows which opens below the printer when the horizontal cutter is activated for small strips of paper to fall through) pushing onto the the horizontal cutter causing for a skewed cut.

That's why I would like to know from other Z9+dr V-Trimmer (or Z6+dr V-Trimmer) users if they get straight cuts or not.

HP Recommended

No Z9+dr V-Trimmer/Z6dr users here, or they all cut straight?

Still waiting for a solution from HP Support to this issue.

From my dealer I have received the input, that if the floor on which the printer stand is not level, such a problem could  occur. The printer is completely level and still cuts in half a banana shape.

Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.