cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Abood0566
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

blue turned to purple in all prints

HP Recommended

Hey everone,  

I bought  HP T1100 used and after buying new printheads and new ink, the printer worked perfectly, but after a while a purple line showed in the middle of the sky in one print and the next print all the blue turned to purple. I did alot of printhead cleaning and it didnt workout, so i contacted the seller who i got the printhead from and I got replacement printhead, and it was perfect i got my blue back. 

After around 10 prints i got the same problem as before and purple start showing in my prints then all blue turned to purple. 

Do you guys have an idea of whats going on? is it just cheap printheads ? or i have an issue with my printer that i am not awear of ? ! 

also when i did color calibration the it was purple for few times but then it was normal correct blue, but when i print pictures the blue becomes purple again ( the color calibration is the same even for the first prinhead and for this one too) 

looking for your help 

5 REPLIES 5
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are these factory fresh HP printheads?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Abood0566
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you mean OEM HP by "factory fresh hp"  NO they are not but i just ordered OEM factory HP ones , and i am worried the problem is not from the non OEM printhead its from somethiong else that i am not aware of 

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your problem might related with defective printheads & caused missing color or air inside ink tubes , or not genuine hp inks etc.

You must buy genuine HP printheads, those sealed & in black & cyan butterfly box. But some without retail

box & make sure get as latest date possible in good prices.

Myself rather pay little more & buy the printheads no later than 2015.. I pay average $20 to $35 for #70 per printheads on

Ebay. at least 2 times I bought set of 6 for $65. Just 10 days ago I bought 18 of them for $218.00. 

I recommend you to print out  a diagnostic print & see what color missing, then replace with those missing color printheads......

For reference only & might not work for you...

Abood0566
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i just bought orginal HP printheads. and the problem is gone, ( well even when i got replacment on the non orginal one before the problem was gone for few pictures then it came back) 

any way my concern is how do i know if its non orginal printhead problem or something else , as you mention air in the lines or something like that ? 

Also I am getting banding lines throw my images now with the orginal hp printhead, even thou i did the alignemnt and the color calibratrion 

i am printing on 5.5 Mil Matte Opaque Display Film from lexjet and choosing film matte in my printer aas the sitting ( i printed on this media before with the non orginal printhead and it was good ) 

any ideas ? 

i've been struggling with this printer for more than 3 months already 

mike38
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have this problem.  Using a standard cartridge that is about 80% full and has been in place for a while with fine blue until recently.  Have cleaned printhead which continues to produce purple. Would try another cyan cartridge, but too expensive to discard with this much ink left. Will have to accept purple until cartridge runs low and then see if the new one makes a difference.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation